Friday, March 11, 2016

Papertrey Ink MIM #242: SPONGED STAMPING

I've made a couple of cards for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday #242: Sponged Stamping. This was a really fun technique and will be useful in the future, I'm sure.

On my first card I used the new Painted Petals set. I sponged the colors instead of using the 2 step stamping images in the set.




My second card uses Spring Woods and Sentiment Signs.  I sponged sweet blush and simply chartreuse on the bird.  These birds look so good with this technique, don't you think? I also sponged colors on the sentiment to create an ombre look. I was so excited to see that Dawn McVey has designed a new sentiment set for PTI's March release, called Ombre Sentiments that will make creating that ombre look even easier. Yay! That one is definitely on my March shopping list!



Thanks for taking a look!
Judi

11 comments:

  1. I've noticed your first card at MIM #242 gallery, it is so sweet! Love the basic flowers and sentiment over them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are absolutely beautiful Judi! I love the colors you used...so soft and warm looking!! Well done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the ink sponging on your fab cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with bolder colors, your Painted Petals look soft and artsy using the sponging technique. Going to remember this! Your sentiment sign looks so springy framed using Spring Woods. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love them both! Yes, the birds look great all sponged up with beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are so pretty! You did a wonderful job with the sponge stamping!! I found it harder to do than it looks. You did it flawlessly : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both cards! But the first card looks like a water-colored beauty! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful cards!! I love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both gorgeous. The combination of Spring Woods and Sentiment Signs is brilliant. I am going to pin this one. I love how they look together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the shout out from PTI. I just pinned both of these gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete