Friday, March 25, 2016

Papertrey Ink March Blog Hop

The inspiration for Papertrey Ink's March Blog Hop is amazing!  I love the idea of stitching on paper.  I received my March order in time to use Erin's new Folk Flower Die.  Love this little flower so much.  I hope Erin keeps these beautiful dies coming!

Here's one of the inspiration photos.  Isn't it gorgeous?


And here's what I created:


I used Smokey Shadow for my background and cardstock pieces cut from the Folk Flower Die.  This was such fun to work on!  I already have some more cards started with different colors and backgrounds.  I'll post them here in a few days as I finish them.


I use DMC Perle Cotton size 5 for my stitching.  I like it for all my stitching on felt (and now paper!) rather than embroidery floss.  I have also used it for needlepoint.  It has a little more texture because of the twist on it, so your stitching shows up better!

Thanks for coming by to take a look!
Judi

19 comments:

  1. Great stitching on your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could not be any more perfect! Beautiful job stitching and I love the colors you selected!! Outstanding!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Love the colors against the dark background, so much like the inspiration pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful stitching! Love this look. Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you used the flower! i love that flower! and, your card is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That set goes great with the inspiration. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This die is so darling in paper! I love your sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the colour pops on the dark background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Judi, your card is just beautiful. Love how striking the colors look at that Smokey Shadow background. Thanks for the tip on using DMC Perle Cotton should I ever decide to stitch on my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how the black background make your colors and stitching pop! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I received this die just in time too! I love your colors and design and am looking forward to trying the perle cotton too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is gorgeous! What a great idea Judi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and colorful! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bright colors on the Smoky Shadow base - beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Love your stitching design and putting it on the Smoky Shadow base really makes it all POP!

    ReplyDelete