Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Papertrey October 2016 Blog Hop Challenge

There's some gorgeous inspiration at Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop this month! Here's the photo :


And here's what I created:


 I started stamping some leaves with Leaf Prints and then I felt the need to create some plaid and gingham leaves! So that's what I went with even though it strayed a bit from the original inspiration piece.


I used a lot of sets for the patterns on the leaves: Chicken Scratch, A Little Argyle, Herringbone Background, Gingham and Super Gingham Backgrounds and I used With All My Heart for the 'LOVE' letters. The 'Stitched together with' phrase comes from Chicken Scratch. I used Sew Simple for the straight stitching lines and a black marker pen for the stitching around the edges of the leaves.

 So many beautiful cards on the hop!
Thanks for coming by to take a look at my card!
Judi


10 comments:

  1. how pretty!! I love the patchwork quilt look of your leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What creativity...your card design is simple, yet the elements are complex...love how you planned the use of your patterns for the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE your leaves! Fun, whimsical, and absolutely FABULOUS!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judi! How clever and original! Love the wonderful paper piecing! And how you kept the feel and coloring of the inspiration photo. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty, original and interesting card with your paper piecing and all! It's a pinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this take on the inspiration photo! Those patchwork leaves are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your leaves are so clever and fun! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this project. The patchwork leaves are just great and so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fun interpretation of the inspiration photo. Your patchwork leaves are so in season and perfect!

    ReplyDelete