Sunday, October 9, 2016

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #263 Background Building with Frames

For Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday #263, Amy Sheffer shows us how to create a background with frames.  This was a fun technique to try.  Love these MIM's to try things I wouldn't usually think to do!

I created a coffee themed card using the coffee mug from Candy Cane Christmas that I recently purchased. I still don't have any coffee themed phrases so I created my own using the Thanks from Bloomin Cute and some letters from an older alphabet set from Prima. The frame comes from Tag Sale #10. The leaves are from Stylized Autumn.




Here's a card I didn't get a chance to post in time for the last Create Along With Us Challenge. I was inspired by Betsy Veldman's Card using the new Christmas Faith Set. I used Wee Folk, Mini Blooms and Bigger Blooms. And then I pretty much just copied Betsy's layout and colors!



One more card to post that isn't for any challenge. This was inspired by the look of Autumn Hills stamp set, but I used Winter Village for the house and a frame from Noted; Scalloped A1 Die collection. That's Saffron Spice on the bottom hill... love that color!



Thanks for taking a look!
Judi



1 comment:

  1. Really like your color selection and design on your background frames card. Pretty congrats card - I used pink doves for my card too! And your autumn birthday card is wonderful - using 3 sets of hills against that red background looks great!

    ReplyDelete