Saturday, April 23, 2016

Papertrey Ink MIM #246 Faux Brush Lettering

Make it Monday #246 over at Papertrey Ink has us using a Faux Brush Lettering technique by Amy Sheffer.  It was fun!  Here's the card I created.



I used the happy sentiment from PTI's Pretty Peonies.  It's the 2012 anniversary set, but I just recently acquired it so it's new to me!  I don't have the matching dies yet so I had to fussy cut the Happy.  The lettering isn't a brushstroke but it's the largest phrase I have so that's what I used.  Ends up looking more ombre than brushstroke.

The flower and leaf are from Bigger Blooms, the frame is Keep It Simple Frames and the stripes are from Simon Says Stamp.

thanks for coming by!
Judi

5 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the way the lettering turned out and I can't believe you fussy cut the sentiment I could never get it that even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice watercolor look and a pretty color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love the background and your lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Judi, with the watercolored and brushed look! Fussy cutting - ugh. You did a great job with that. The red or berry flowers add just the right pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for giving the faux brush lettering a try! Yours looks fabulous! Your fussy cutting is every bit as perfect as a die - I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete