Monday, April 25, 2016

Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop

I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do for Papertrey Ink's April 2016 Blog Hop this month.  I usually try to translate the photo so literally to my card, but I didn't think that would be so great for this one. After reading Nichole's ideas on how to approach it I decided to focus on the layers in the photo. Here's the inspiration photo.


And here's my card...




I stamped the leaf and stem from PTI's Fall Florals from dark to light with Scarlet Jewel, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Melon Berry and Sweet Blush. I used Kraft ink for the floral circles and Simply Chartreuse on top of the Kraft.  The hello is from Bloomin Cute.  I love the font used for these phrases! I didn't have quite the right color of twine, so I colored a plain one with Copic markers. 

I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!
Thanks for coming by to take a look!
Judi


25 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! Love how you were inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this with the repeated stamping of the Leaves. That Hello is a very pretty font!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love what you did with the layered stamping here. Great take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! this is amazing I just love how your Ombre effect has so much motion! Brilliant!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so cool! Fabulous take on the inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the repetition! Your card makes me think of something Heather Nichols would do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic stamping and great set to use for this challenge! Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool, looks like an optical illusion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Had to blow this one up so I could study the circles within the leaves. Just amazing! Love the effect, love the card! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Fantastic interpretation of inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you did this card with the leaves. Such a stunning effect. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This ombre effect is just SO pretty -- nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally in LOVE with how you did this card!! Fabulous, fabulous card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, Judi! Love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Judi! You managed to pick out every pretty color from the inspiration photo for your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the effect you chose layering the stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely design and great take with the Inspiration Picture !

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card! Love the repeated stamping and circle elements!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is awesome. I love how you interpreted the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute idea using the leaves.. nice take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card, Judi, with the layers of colored leaves, twine bow and your sentiment. You tied it all together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely brilliant! Love this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete