Saturday, May 7, 2016

Make it Monday #247 - Watercolored Cards

Hello there!  I'm participating in Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #247 - Watercoloring Cards with Melissa Phillips. You might notice I changed the name of it from Watercoloring Card Sets to just Watercoloring Cards. I am a very sloooow cardmaker and so I just made one card. I had lots of fun with this technique. I may have gone a little overboard with the splattering on this card lol, but I definitely want to do more of that! I copied Melissa's style with the gingham and lace at the bottom of the card.




I didn't have any of the preprinted watercoloring papers from PTI, so I made my own with Peonies on Parade and lots of masking. I used Ranger Archival Ink so that it wouldn't bleed when I added the watercoloring on top of it. I used Distress inks in Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberries, Shabby Shutters and Crushed Olive. My sentiment is from Happy Day stamp set. I stamped the gingham in Raspberry Fizz with Super Gingham.

I'll be giving this to my Mom tomorrow! I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Judi

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! What a great design and vibrant colors. I also like how you stacked a real button on a button stack. Your mom is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the layers and attention to detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so pretty! Love that bright, big beautiful bouquet and great job masking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a totally fabulous job! This is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...love this card! Your attention to detail is amazing, and I really love the button and felt detail! Your water coloring is so pretty too...I'm sure your mom LOVED this beautiful card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Judi! Gorgeous colors, and love the white lace against the gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, Judi, I'll bet your Mom loved her card. Your attention to detail is amazing right down to the lace edging, felt and button embellishments. Your watercoloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete