Sunday, May 15, 2016

Papertrey Ink MIM #248:Ink Blending through Die Cut Masks

Hello there,

I've created a couple cards for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday #248.  Lizzie Jones showed us a fun way to use our dies by cutting a mask with them and then blending ink through them.

For my first card I used Hello Sunshine dies.


I love how the colors combine when they are overlapped!  There was much debate at my house about the placement of the enamel dots.  I struggle with exactly where to put those things, so sometimes you just want someone to say yeah that's good.  It's my fault because I asked so I have to listen to the opinions offered, don't I?  In the end I left it how I originally placed it, lol.

For my second card I used the Don't Forget to Write Kit which I've had out on my work table since it arrived.  Loving all the goodies in that kit!  I used the plain square for my mask and stamped around it with the square striped border.  No overlapping of colors on this one but I love the soft suble look of the sponging.



Thanks for coming by!
Judi

2 comments:

  1. Love what you've done for this technique - both cards are stunning! And I so get you on asking for advice and then having to actually listen to everyone's two cents' worth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so pretty and fun!

    ReplyDelete