Sunday, May 29, 2016

PTI MIM #250 - MASKED BACKGROUNDS

Just a last minute post for Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday #250 Masked Backgrounds with Laurie Willison.  This was a great reminder of a way to create a frame for cards without adding more layers.  Love this technique.  Here's the first card I made:



I overdid the splattering on the background a bit! 

With some of the leftover pieces I created another card which I actually like better, even though you don't see much of the sponged background.



I won't take the time to list all the supplies so I can get this posted real quick.  It's all Papertrey Ink so that's probably all you need to know!

Thanks for taking a look!
Judi

2 comments:

  1. Love these pretty cards! I'm thinking that your second one is extra sweet because of the gingham patterned paper you added. I'm patterned paper challenged :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi, both cards are fabulous. I love the color combos used for ink blending, and the masking creates the perfect background for the focal images. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete