Wednesday, May 25, 2016

PTI May 2016 Blog Hop

Such beautiful inspiration for Papertrey Ink's May Blog Hop!


Isn't it gorgeous?  I was inspired by the soft watercolor look.  Here's my first card:



My latest PTI order arrived just in time for me to use the Garden Garland Die to frame my watercolor background. The flowers and the Hello die cut are from Bloomin' Cute.  I had watercolored about a million butterflies using What the Doodle Butterfly, but it just wasn't working, then at the last minute I found this butterfly from Pretty Peonies and it was a much better size. Clearly I need more butterfly sets! I have so many on my wishlist; Beautiful Butterflies, Life is Beautiful, Butterfly Dreams, Bitty Butterflies and of course the Color Pop Butterflies Kit!  I'm still playing catch-up since I just became a PTI-aholic late last year!  Which is your favorite butterfly set?

I also made this card with a flower from Painted Petals:



I painted each stamp with watercolor paints and then stamped that onto the paper to get the watercolor look. Sending die cut is from the Don't Forget to Write kit and the Love & Sympathy phrase is also from Painted Petals

Thanks for coming by!
Judi



17 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the challenge.. love the cascading background colors. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are so nice and the first one is so very well done!! Love the colors and how you put it all together and caught all the colors of the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful, Judi! Looks to me like you have lots of PTI goodies already to create these beauties. It is addicting though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how right you are about the addiction of PTI, Judi! Both of your designs are sensational!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards - love the blend of background colors on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh, brilliantly gorgeous. I love it, Judi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are just lovely! Great water coloring on the first and just LOVE the simplicity of the 2nd! And Life is Beautiful is my favorite butterfly stamp set, but you couldn't go wrong with any of them! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the combo of stamps and dies you used, Judi. Something I adore about PTI! Agree with Marcia, the sweet simple design of the 2nd is beautiful, but,oh my the layers of loveliness of the 1st, on that dreamy bg, is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful mix of colors, love how you used the frame and the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two very beautiful watercoloured cards! Your first one is especially stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two amazing cards! I really love your colorful backdrop for the sweet dies you used on your first card!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so pretty! I have, and love, Beautiful Butterflies and the matching dies. Once I got it, I wondered why I'd resisted for so long. The Beautiful Butterflies Layers set is on my wishlist now. I also have, and love, Color Pop Butterflies (you get a lot of bang for your buck in that one). But that big giantish butterfly in Life is Beautiful just makes me swoon, and that set is on my wishlist, too. I'm not sure you can go wrong with any of the PTI butterflies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So colorful....both cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete