Sunday, February 14, 2016

Papertrey Ink Day 10 Paper Crafting Alphabet Challenge

Day 10 of Papertrey Ink's Anniversay Celebration is an Alphabet Challenge.  I used the letters from my name and came up with:

J-incorporate jewels or rhinestones
U-underline your sentiment with pen, stitching, or stamping
D-add detail with white pen or paper piercer
I-use an impression plate or dry embossing

This card just sort of fell together!  I love it when that happens!  I started with the Harlequin Cover Plate and embossed that, (which I had never done any embossing with my Big Shot and now I love it!) Then I wanted to keep the rest neutral to be sure the dry embossing was still dominant.  I couldn't find my rhinestones but I did have these vintage ones that were perfect for this. Yay!



4 comments:

  1. Very elegant! Love this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant and great take with the Challenge !

    My new Crafty home: My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly executed card right down to underlining your sentiment, and your vintage rhinestones add the perfect amount of bling. What Big Shot sandwich did you use for embossing the cover plate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your sweet comments Kathy! I'm certainly not an expert at embossing with the big shot lol, I just followed the instructions on my platform: Platform, Cutting Pad, metal plate, paper, Rubber Pad, Impressions Pad. I bought my Big Shot used so I can't really tell you if the rubber pad is one that comes with it or not. It was very tight going through the big shot but really gave it a lot of texture which I loved. Hope that helps!

      Delete