Thursday, February 25, 2016

Papertrey Ink Feb 2016 Blog Hop


I'm excited to be participating in Papertrey Ink's Feb 2016 Blog Hop!  The above photo was our inspiration this month.  I love this photo!  The pinks are so delicate.  Pink and green has been a long time favorite of mine.  I also like the collage-ish look to the photo.  So I was inspired to create this card:


My husband has informed me that this bird probably wouldn't be able to fly; it's too fat.  And the colors are not correct either.  It's always so helpful to get your husbands analysis, don't you think?



I was so hoping to receive my PTI February order before the blog hop, but it isn't scheduled to arrive until next Monday. :(  I was thinking the new Spring Woods would have been fun to use for this.  But the bird from Winter Woods worked out just fine.  (Other than being too fat and the wrong color, lol)  I had watercolored a piece of watercolor paper in greens, but it didn't work out for the background, so I used it for the branch, cutting it with PTI's Branching Out die. 

I also watercolored a background in pink with Distress Inks which I wanted to use so I kept playing and created this as well:



And then I kept going because I was having so much fun, although this next one isn't relating much to the inspiration photo.  Just using up the pieces left on my craft table.



Thanks for coming by to take a look!
Judi

Supplies used on 1st card:
Stamps:  PTI Winter Woods, Bigger Blooms, Happy Day, Fall Florals (for the starburst images) and (Butterfly stamp from unknown manufacturer)
Paper:  PTI Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse, White
Ink:  PTI Sweet Blush, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado and Distress Ink Crushed Olive
Dies:  PTI Branching Out, Bigger Blooms, Winter Woods, Happy Day, Fall Florals; Spellbinders Circles
Other: sequins

2nd card also uses:
Stamps and/or  Dies:  PTI In The Bag, Fabulous Frames, Tag Sale: Quilted 
Paper:  PTI  Soft Stone, Vellum, Lovely Lady and White Basics and Canson Watercolor paper
Ink:  Distress Ink Picked Raspberry and Spun Sugar (for watercoloring)

3rd card also uses:
Stamps and/or  Dies:  Sweet Speech
Other: PTI Limeade Ice buttons

19 comments:

  1. Eeep! So many fabulous cards and I love them all! I love the comment your sweet hubby made. Made me laugh and I needed a good laugh on this dark and dreary day. Your cards are sunshine in my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps... we can commiserate together as I was hoping to have my order by now as well. Monday is the big day for the both of us!

      Delete
  2. You did just fine with winter woods! Wow, this is a gorgeous card with so many wonderful layers! Im sorry you didn't get your order yet but I can assure you it is worth the wait. I can’t wait to play with the rest of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful cards- hope the spring woods birds can fly!The pink birds look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A skinny flying bird wouldn't look as grand on your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love each card!! They are so perfectly SPRINGTIME! and we all are ready for that! : )

    I'm sorry about your PTI order but I thought I was the only one who had not yet received my order! LOL I was feeling a bit sorry for myself heeheehee glad to see it isn't just me. I will have to come back to see what you created once your order arrives!

    Have a great week!. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. They worked out great! Pretty cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, the birds are a perfect touch to your lovely backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! Love all the layers in both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards. I like the birds...even if they are fat. (LOL!) I didn't think they were, for the record. :) I hope your order makes it to you sooner than next Monday!!! Yikes! I just got mine today - too late for me to do a blog hop card - not that anything in it would've worked for this picture, anyway. :) Anyway, back to your cards - I love the bright and sweet butterflies on the last card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, these are both beautiful! Wonderful takes on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these cheerful cards! Your thumbprint really jumped out of the gallery for me because of the GORGEOUS pinks you used, so, so much for wrong colours!
    P.S. Husbands can be very tiresome and annoying at times, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your cards are so pretty using the colors from the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All three cards are beautiful, Judi, even if your DH thinks your bird is the wrong color and too fat. Good thing we stampers stick together. Thanks for your sweet comment and well wishes for my DH and me. So far, so good with having him home but he's not a whiner so I'm very, very lucky. Keep me posted on your upcoming experience with your DH's surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judi- I just looked at your blog for the 1st time & must tell you how talented you are. I suspect that you have had some formal art training due to your exquisite color combos & your compositions. You have inspired me to make some cards today & most likely to spend more $$ at PTI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words misscollman! You've made my day! (just hoping it's not an April fools day joke lol)

      Delete